Matthew has a general business law practice and is developing expertise with technology businesses. Matt routinely advises emerging and high-growth companies, from pre-incorporation to their capital raises. Matt works with clients daily on mergers and acquisitions, e-commerce, tech contracts (SaaS/EULA/SLA/SOW), corporate governance, capital raises, and commercial law.
Matt’s experience includes:
- Acquisition of all of the assets of an American e-commerce company.
- Sale leaseback transaction between private enterprise and a REIT with respect to a property portfolio of approximately $200 million.
- Acquisition of a direct-to-consumer Bluetooth technology company.
- Acquisition of a majority stake in a private enterprise for approximately $357 million.
- Appearing and making successful submissions at the Newfoundland & Labrador Supreme Court (see Representative Litigation below).
- Advising for an emerging enterprise through its capital raise of approximately $5 million.
- Partial sale of shares of an e-commerce company for approximately $15 million.
- Sale of shares of a technology as a service company for approximately $20 million.
- Private raises in the technology and mining sector.
- Acting as counsel for the acquisition of a private grocery business for approximately $1 million.
- Advising technology companies in negotiations of Software as service agreements, software licenses, software development agreements, service level agreements, end user license agreements.