Media, Advertising & Marketing
Whether our clients use traditional print, radio, and television media or online social media platforms, from airwaves to youtube, our lawyers provide pro-active, informed legal guidance on publishing, advertising and marketing.
Our work includes:
- Pre-publication review.
- Challenging confidentiality orders from courts and administrative tribunals.
- Assistance in seeking access to information under municipal, provincial and federal statutes.
- Preparing third party responses to access requests where confidential commercial or personal information is at stake.
- Privacy audits and advice regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information under federal and provincial legislation.
- Strategic guidance to respond to and mitigate harm to reputational harm from social media attacks, including assistance in unmasking anonymous posters and securing internet take-down orders.
- Review of advertising material for legal compliance;
- Reviewing contest rules and compliance with governing legislation.
Our clients include:
- Print and web-based media and broadcasting companies
- Technology companies
- Universities and large public institutions
- Small to medium sized businesses
- Large corporations
- St. John's
Partner & Trademark Agent
St. John's, N.L.