Suite 1000, Brunswick House
44 Chipman Hill
Saint John, N.B.
Alanna’s practice is focused primarily in areas of corporate, finance, mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring associated with bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. Her practice has grown to include representing clients in both the traditional and emerging renewable energy sectors. She has extensive experience in assisting entities incorporated or operating under the laws of Atlantic Canada including on corporate restructuring projects, shareholder disputes and negotiations, asset and project based financing and other general corporate matters. In addition, Alanna assists various local/national lenders and their agents to provide advice on, determine validity of, and otherwise effect the realization of security. In that role, Alanna has substantial experience in assisting lenders to effectively exit from or facilitate the restructuring of credit arrangements with insolvent debtors.
Some specific projects that are representative of Alanna’s work are:
- Acting on behalf of the owners of, or lenders to, various mining projects throughout New Brunswick, including CanZinco Ltd. and Breakwater Resources Ltd. in the CCAA proceedings of Blue Note Caribou Mines Inc.
- Acting as counsel to a natural gas exploration company in facilitating its exploration operations in central New Brunswick.
- Acting on behalf of wind farm project developers, from initial planning through to COD, for facilities operating in the Province of New Brunswick and on behalf of lending parties in the financing of similar projects.
- Acting on behalf of Stoneway Capital Corporation in the initial project financing, including a project bond and separate equity financing, of its four gas powered electric generation plants having a total of 686.5 MW capacity in Argentina.
- Acting on behalf of SCC Power in 2022 in connection with the acquisition and restructuring of Stoneway Capital Corporation through a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act and Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in the United States.
- Acting as counsel to a private equity firm in facilitating the merger or acquisition of various operations from across Canada.
- Acting on behalf of various corporations in connection with court approved plans of arrangement or reorganizations under the Business Corporations Act.
- Acting as counsel to a number of startup organizations based in New Brunswick (from all aspects of formation and structure, through operations and investments and exits).
- Acting as counsel to a number of private and non-profit organizations on matters concerning incorporation, good governance, change management, and general advice.