Dan has a broad corporate commercial practice, with particular experience in banking and commercial real estate law. He works with clients in a variety of sectors and industries including real estate, financial services, agriculture, manufacturing, food and beverage, transportation and logistics, and natural resources, among others. Some examples of work Dan has done for clients include:
- Acting for banks and private lenders in preparing offers to finance and handling all aspects of preparing loan and security documents through to closing.
- Acting for companies in respect of acquisition, development, and operating credit facilities including swap and derivative trading facilities.
- Acting for a natural resources company in connection with its new syndicated operating credit line and hedging facility to complete a 4-company merger.
- Assisting investors and developers of wind and hydro-electric projects in connection with project financing.
- Acting as local agent counsel for the lenders in connection with the privatization of a crown corporation.
- Acting for developers and landlords in connection with land acquisition, project development and financing matters, and leasing.
- Advising a client in connection with securing and exercising options to purchase large blocks of rural land, obtaining necessary regulatory approvals, and completing the real property acquisitions for the development of several rail-based commodity transportation facilities.
- Acting as local counsel for the real property landlord arm of a Canadian institutional pension fund, assisting with its multibillion-dollar real property portfolio reorganization.
- Negotiating and completing the buy-out of a shareholder from a group of related companies.
- Regularly assisting clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and various other corporate proceedings.
- Drafting and reviewing a wide range of commercial agreements, including shareholders agreements, partnership agreements and service agreements.