Suite 601, Blue Cross Centre
644 Main St.
Language(s) spoken: English, French
Bar Admission(s): New Brunswick, 2001
Legal Assistant(s): Chantal MacAusland
Providing legal services through a professional corporation.
Sacha’s practice is focused in the area of labour and employment law, as well as professional discipline matters, including acting as counsel for the Canadian Medical Protective Association and its members. Working with clients as diverse as manufacturers, universities/educational institutions, municipalities and the contact centre industry, Sacha has extensive experience in arbitration proceedings, human rights investigations and adjudications, wrongful dismissal litigation, employment policy development, negotiation and drafting of employment contracts, collective bargaining and labour disputes, including lawful strikes and illegal strikes. He also advises employers in respect of workers’ compensation issues and occupational health and safety. Sacha has acted as an investigator for employers, dealing with a wide variety of issues, such as workplace harassment, code of conduct violations and fraud.
Examples of his work include:
- Acting for a university against a grievance to eliminate mandatory retirement.
- Acting for a university in defending a grievance and a human rights complaint alleging racial and age discrimination in respect of hiring processes.
- Acting for various employers in respect of the termination of employment of long service employees with drug and alcohol addictions.
- Advising various employers during investigations of workplace fatalities.
- Representing several employers on various charges, including charges relating to fatal injuries, under both federal and provincial occupational health and safety legislation.
- Conducting investigations of workplace fraud, workplace harassment and other misconduct.
- Acting for various employers in enforcing restrictive covenants.
- Acting on behalf of employers against allegations of unfair labour practices and an application for certification by a trade union.
- Acting as chief negotiator for various manufacturers in collective bargaining.