600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 2006
Legal Assistant(s): Jenn Stark
Providing legal services through a professional corporation.
Clients want to have their litigation risk identified early and managed appropriately. Chris brings a practical approach to resolving his clients’ issues by providing frank and timely advice aimed at maximizing client goals and proactively managing downside litigation risk.
Chris works with a diverse group of clients including insurers, construction companies, real estate developers, manufacturers, distributors, banks and securities firms. Some of the ways he has helped his clients are by:
- Acting on behalf of insurers on coverage issues and the defence of claims in the areas of automobile and personal injury, product liability, occupiers’ liability, property insurance and professional liability.
- Acting on behalf of owners, general contractors and subcontractors on construction matters, including contract and negligence claims, construction liens, bond claims, tendering disputes and delay claims.
- Acting on behalf of companies with respect to product liability claims including negligent design, negligent manufacture, failure to warn and warranty claims.
- Acting in disputes involving corporate and securities issues, such as shareholder disputes, oppression claims and directors’ and officers’ duties.
- Acting on behalf of banks, mutual fund dealers and securities firms in matters involving trading issues and contract claims.