Suite 1100, Cabot Place
100 New Gower St.
St. John’s, N.L.
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Newfoundland and Labrador, 2020
Meghan is a litigator who utilizes alternative dispute resolution where appropriate to assist insurers, businesses and employers in resolving disputes in a cost-effective manner. Her practice includes a focus on labour and employment matters, primarily for small and medium sized business. Meghan takes the time to understand her client’s business which is important in understanding their position in a dispute. She believes the key to a successful relationship is clear and consistent communication so her clients are able to make informed decisions throughout the life of a legal matter. Meghan’s experience includes:
- Acting for plaintiffs, defendants, and third parties in civil litigation
- Assisting with the defence of professional disciplinary proceedings
- Assisting with the defence for an insurer of a professional association
- Acting for a municipality in a dispute regarding a request under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Assisting with proceedings before the Labour Relations Board
- Assisting with drafting and reviewing employment and contractor agreements, workplace policies and procedures
- Assisting with defending employers in wrongful termination actions