Ben practices in the areas of labour and employment, human rights, and litigation and alternative dispute resolution. With prior work experience in labour relations within the healthcare industry, Ben strives to offer advice for clients that is not only legally compliant, but practical to implement. He enjoys brainstorming with clients to understand the challenges they face in the workplace, and working together to develop unique solutions to meet their needs.
Ben’s experience includes:
- Advising on termination and claims for wrongful dismissal.
- Working with clients on collective bargaining and arbitrations.
- Advising on performance management and discipline issues.
- Assisting with human rights complaints.
- Drafting and revising Respectful Workplace policies, as well as Codes of Practice and policies related to workplace violence and harassment.
- Advising on the application of occupational health and safety related duties as they apply to remote work.