With a focus on litigation, alternative dispute resolution and insurance, Folu works diligently for her clients to provide timely solutions to their complex matters. As a former athlete, Folu recognizes the value of teamwork and collaboration in assisting clients to achieve their goals.
Folu maintains a civil litigation practice with a focus on municipal law, insurance defence and commercial litigation. Folu has experience advising clients on matters relating to:
- Negligence claims against municipalities, landlords and developers
- Defending insurers in claims for personal injury (motor vehicle accidents and slip and falls), and property damage (fire loss and flood loss)
- Subrogated claims by insurers to recover damages from the uninsured defendant
- Successful debt collection for companies and financial institutions involving multinational assets and parties
Folu has been involved in the following engagements:
- Co-counsel for a group benefits company in the decision of Belmont Financial Services Incorporated v. Watters, 2022 NSSC 292, resulting in a damages award of $42,348.92 against the defendant.
- Co-counsel for the appellant company in the decision of Osco Properties Limited (Re), 2022 NSUARB 184, resulting in the successful application to amend the Dartmouth Land Use By-Law to rezone lands for a ready-mix concrete plant.