Suite 1000, Brunswick House
44 Chipman Hill
Saint John, N.B.
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): New Brunswick, 2016
Legal Assistant(s): Maxine Ricketts
With a focus on income tax, Brent uses his previous experience as a professional engineer to help get into the detail behind the numbers. Success to Brent is helping his clients make informed decisions. Brent has assisted his clients on a range of issues by:
- Planning and implementing tax-efficient corporate reorganizations, including estate freezes with discretionary family trusts;
- Advising on the tax implications of estate plans and business succession plans;
- Advising on the tax implications of purchase and sale transactions;
- Advising non-residents on their Canadian tax implications, including the application of withholding tax;
- Advising on the tax implications of employee performance incentive plans, including employee stock option plans;
- Assisting with charitable registration and advising charitable organizations on tax compliance matters; and
- Advising on tax disputes.