600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 1997
Legal Assistant(s): Kelley MacDonald
Sheree’s clients include corporations (including directors, officers and shareholders), manufacturers, banks, receivers and individuals in insolvency cases, construction companies and insurers. Some of the ways she has helped her clients include:
- Routinely acting for manufacturers and suppliers in product liability cases, including advising clients on handling potential recalls and management of customer claims.
- Representing a transportation/shipping company in a hearing before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal in a case involving a tender dispute.
- Successfully representing Sobeys in its court challenge of the Sunday shopping legislation and regulations passed by the Nova Scotia government.
- Representing commercial, property and automobile insurers in Nova Scotia, including coverage disputes and defending claims.
- Advising parties in shareholders disputes and oppression claims, including, for example, representing a national real estate brokerage in a shareholder dispute arising out of a property syndication in Alberta.
- Representing parties in obtaining and defending injunctions.