600-1741 Lower Water Street
Language(s) spoken: English
Bar Admission(s): Nova Scotia, 1992
Legal Assistant(s): Erica Yuzyk
Providing legal services through a professional corporation.
Andrew practices primarily in the areas of securities law and mergers and acquisitions, where he has represented various public and private issuers as well as securities dealers on matters such as public offerings, private placements, continuous disclosure, corporate governance, and share and asset acquisitions. Andrew also regularly acts as local counsel in connection with national securities transactions. His clients include public companies (TSX and TSX Venture listed) and securities dealers and advisors. Andrew has:
- Acted for Empire Company in connection with its $1.844 billion public offering of subscription receipts.
- Acted for Sobeys in connection with its $1 billion brokered private placement of unsecured debt.
- Acted for a TSX listed national grocery retailer in a private placement offering of $300 million aggregate principal amount of floating rate senior unsecured notes due July 14, 2016.
- Acted for a transportation infrastructure issuer in connection with a $150 million brokered bond private placement.
- Acted for a TSX listed food processing company in connection with its acquisition of assets for $160 million from another public company in exchange for cash and securities.
- Advised a real estate investment trust on securities matters in its $200 million initial public offering.
- Acted for four corporations in their initial public offerings under the capital pool program of the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Acted for a special committee of a TSX listed entity in connection with a proposed going-private transaction valued at $70 million.
- Acted in connection with several acquisitions, including mining, real estate and industrial businesses that were accepted as “qualifying transactions” under the capital pool program of the TSX Venture Exchange.
- Acted for a TSX Listed printing company on its $60 million initial public offering and its subsequent take-over.
- Acted for a national TSX Venture listed business services company in connection with over $25 million in private placements and numerous asset and share acquisitions with aggregate transaction value in excess of $30 million.
- Acted for an income fund in connection with the sale of all of its transportation infrastructure assets for in excess of $170 million.