Our practitioners deal in many aspects of privacy, personal information and public access to information, providing up-to-date advice in this fast changing area of the law. Stewart McKelvey lawyers provide:
- Opinions and advice in respect of federal and provincial privacy legislation;
- Access to Information advice, requests and responses (including as required to protect confidential information);
- Representation to clients in civil and administrative privacy litigation; and,
- Advice on the protection of confidential information and trade secrets.
Throughout the year, our privacy lawyers provide written insights and updates on recent case law and legislation in the region and beyond. To learn more about relevant topics from the past year, click on one of the following titles:
- Careful what you disclose: Court recognizes a new privacy tort for Nova Scotia
- Ontario Superior Court recognizes new tort of internet harassment
- Privacy practice tune-up – getting ready for the Consumer Privacy Protection Act
- Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2020: The long-awaited overhaul of private sector privacy legislation in Canada
- Saint John
- St. John's
Julie LeBlanc Hultberg
James F. LeMesurier,
Saint John, N.B.
St. John's, N.L.